The objective of this Call is to contribute on medium and long term development of rural interethnic communities and improvement of Roma situation in Romania.
The Call is launched under the Programme Outcome 3 - Vulnerable groups are empowered and covers one area of support of the Active Citizens Fund in Romania, „Social justice and inclusion of vulnerable groups”.
Eligible applicants are exclusively legally established Romanian non-governmental and non-profit organizations (NGOs).
Project grant rate can be up to 100% of the total eligible costs of the project.
Eligible projects tackle the causes of exclusion and injustice exclusively within the rural interethnic communities, reduce disparities between Roma and non-Roma population and increase inclusion of vulnerable groups.
The projects could be carried out in communities that cumulatively fulfil the following conditions:
- are located in a rural area (village, commune), and
- consist of at least two ethnic groups, and
- one of the targeted ethnic groups is Roma.
There are supported NGOs to:
- advocate for social justice and inclusion of vulnerable groups, including Roma population;
- activate and empower community members including Roma population and those disadvantaged from interethnic communities;
- have a strong participatory approach, mobilizing and engaging all ethnic groups from the community in all project stages;
- make good use of the existing local resources in the targeted community to enhance social inclusion of vulnerable groups;
- to develop integrated/ new models of service to address the needs of vulnerable groups from interethnic communities;
- increase access of vulnerable groups, including Roma, to education, medical services, housing, employment, social services, etc., as well as increasing the quality of the services.
Under this Call, represents added value the partnership with other NGOs with complementary expertise for a sustainable intervention and an integrated approach, and partnership with other actors to empower vulnerable groups, including Roma, to discover new collaborative ways and to explore opportunities in the benefit of the vulnerable groups.
It is indispensable to read the Guidelines for Applicants which contains specific information for the preparation of applications and the rules for this Call (including eligibility of applicants, partners, projects).